Student Code of Conduct
- Capitalised terms which are used in this code of conduct and which are not otherwise defined have the meanings given to them in our Terms and Conditions.
- This code of conduct sets out what is, and is not, acceptable use by Students of the Service and the Site. Please note that Students’ continued access to the Service is dependent upon their compliance with this code of conduct.
Acceptable use of the Site and the Service.
Students must not:
- use the Site or Service in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation, is in any way unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect;
- use the Site or Service to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam);
- use the Site or Service to knowingly or recklessly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware;
- reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any Course Materials, or any other part of a Site or Service except as permitted by our terms and conditions; or
- make personal data of other Customers and/or Students, which has been made available as part of our service or through our systems, available to Third Parties; or
- access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt any part of the Site or the Service, any equipment or network used in providing the Site or the Service, any software used in the provision of the Site or the Service or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
- Students must not:
- Contributions to the Site and Service must be accurate (where they state facts), and be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
Contributions to the Site and Service must not:
- contain any material which is sexually explicit, defamatory of any person or obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory;
- promote discrimination based on race or ethnicity, sex or gender identity, religious beliefs, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, language, name, nationality, or age;
- infringe any right (including but not limited to any Intellectual Property Right) of any other person;
- be likely or intended to deceive any person;
- be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence;
- be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or
- be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent the Customer’s or the Student’s identity or affiliation with any person, or give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- The Site includes discussion forums and message boards whereby a Student can exchange messages with other Students. We do not actively moderate or monitor them, and Students are solely responsible for any messages they may post or content they may upload.
Integrity in learning
- Students must use the Service and/or Course Materials for their own personal training only, and must not use the Service and/or Course Materials to train any third party.
- Students must complete any assignments, tests or assessments (including but not limited to questions, quizzes and course work) on their own unless collaboration has been expressly permitted by us.
- Students must not disclose any answers to any assignments, tests or assessments (including but not limited to questions, quizzes and course work) to any other person.
- Students must not allow any other person to complete or answer any assignments, tests or assessments (including but not limited to questions, quizzes and course work) in the Student’s name.
- Students must not engage in any activity or do anything that would dishonestly improve their or another Student’s results in respect of any assignment, test or assessment, or would harm any other Student’s results.
- Students must ensure that all assignments, course work and other Student Materials which they upload or submit are their own work, are not plagiarised and do not infringe any third party Intellectual Property Rights.
Actions we may take if this code of conduct is breached
If we consider that a Student has breached this code of conduct, as well as any rights we may have under our terms and conditions, we may do any or all of the following:
- give zero or no credit for an assignment, test or assessment;
- withhold or revoke any certificates or proof of successful completion;
- suspend the Student’s access to the Service in accordance with our terms and conditions; or
- terminate the relevant contract under which the Student accesses the Service.
- If we consider that a Student has breached this code of conduct, as well as any rights we may have under our terms and conditions, we may do any or all of the following: